Saturday, December 31, 2011

The only thing Harvard has over Michigan...

    I attended the University of Michigan in the beautiful Ann Arbor, Michigan for undergrad.  I absolutely loved it there and think it's one of the best places on Earth.  They have a great burger joint there called "Blimpie Burger".  For you food network feens, it's been featured on a few of their shows.  They make amazing burgers and have always been on the top of my list.  But... dare I say... Harvard has a place that could give Blimpie's a run for their money.  My fellow carnivores, may I present (drum roll please) "Mr. Bartley's"!


  This place is known across the country for their burgers.  They have been voted "Best Burger" in tons of magazines and newspapers such as the Wall Street Journal and featured on shows like "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives".  They have a huge selection of burgers and all with funny names like "The Newt Gingrich" and "The Jersey Shore".  I went with "The Scott Brown (what the truck)". It comes with bacon, American cheese (I had mine with Chedder instead), grilled onions, jalapenos, & french fries.


  As you can see, it was overflowing with deliciousness!  It was amazing.  The burger itself was huge and so juicy.  The bacon was thick cut but still crispy, just the way I like it.  The onions were buttery and tender, adding that great sweet onion taste and the jalapenos were crunchy and spicy.  I gotta have some crunch on my burger and I usually stick to pickles, but the jalapenos made the perfect finishing crunch and kick.  This was the kind of burger that has things pouring out of it with each bite, but isn't eating all the drippings from the plate the best way to finish a burger?!  This burger was pretty much perfect.  The complete package.  Oh... and the fries were great too.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment