Monday, November 7, 2011

Brunch over lunch, please!

    My other favorite place from Minneapolis is another brunch place.  Can you tell I love breakfast food?  This next place was called "Moose & Sadie's".  It's an adorable coffee shop/cafe serving up delicious and homemade breakfast, lunch and dinner all complimented with organic coffee and made-from-scratch pastries.  Their whole brunch menu looked great but, being the southern girl I am, I couldn't resist the Andouille Sausage & Chedder Cheese Grits:
 


    I've eaten many a grit in my life and I have got to say these were some of the best!  They had that great, actually cooked on the stove from scratch taste.  They were smothered in cheese but not overpowered by it.  These are not your instant, overly salty and dry grits out of a box.  The andouille sausage was slightly spicy and very juicy and flavorful.  A perfect pairing with the cheesy and salty grits.   The eggs were from a local farm and you could taste the freshness.  My friend Rachel calls eggs fresh from the farm "Happy Eggs" because you can truly taste a difference.  The biscuit was a homemade buttermilk biscuit and was warm and fluffy on the inside but still flaky on the outside.  The butter just melted on top.  This meal is the ultimate comfort food to me.  It just makes you feel good.      
   Moose & Sadie's turned what could be a very ordinary meal into a delicious, flavorful and cooked with love experience.  I didn't get a picture of the coffee, but it was also incredible.  I got the dark roast and loved it so much I went back for 2 more cups!  It was a rich and smokey blend that went down so smoothly.  Moose & Sadie's is a great spot for food, coffee, or just to hang out.  A great and relaxed atmosphere, they support using organic produce and they brag about using REAL butter.  Any restaurant that is proud of their real butter usage gets an A+ in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment